background

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January club layouts - It's all about the glitter!

Hi there!  We had a great time making these fun layouts with the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge & stamps as well as the Whoo's Your Valentine glitter paper & stamps. 

Our birthday layout uses Colonial White cardstock, Elemental B&T, Dutch Blue cardstock, Honey cardstock, Cranberry cardstock, Honey ink, Pacifica ink, Almond glitter gel, Sunflower waxy flax (retired) and the Cricut Art Philosophy bundle (for cuts [pennant pg 49, gift pg 60, cupcake pg 70] and stamped images).  Fast & easy it lets you focus on the birthday event.

The glitter layout is made with the Whoo's Your Valentine National Papercrafting Month special kit.  Colors include White Daisy cardstock, Hollyhock cardstock & ink, Blush cardstock & ink, Slate ink, Black cardstock, glitter paper from the kit, Silver glitter gel, and circle & scallop punches.  A super creative consultant, Michelle Snyder, is the original creator of this layout and it was so much fun I had to scraplift it.  :o)   Here are some closeups of the stamp clusters:
For more Cricut fun, we made a Valentine gift "bag."  Using the Art Philosophy cartridge, cut a heart "bag" from page 26 (Font Layer, Shift) using Fit To Page on your Cricut.  Take a coordinating B&T, cut out a heart to layer on the front (pg 26 Shift), stamp sentiment on White Daisy cardstock with Red glitter gel on the corners, punch holes in each end of the bag, thread black ribbon through knotting an both ends inside the bag.
If you haven't already gotten your kit from me, email me which one you'd like to set aside.  As these were so popular, I had requests to be able to purchase the "other" layout that you didn't create at the workshop.  If you are interested, please let me know and I will sell you a kit for $7.

See y'all next month!  We will be doing Rodeo pages & more Cricut fun making swing cards. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I drop a comment when I especially enjoy a article on a website or I have something to valuable
to contribute to the conversation. Usually it is a result of the passion displayed in the article I looked at.
And after this post "January club layouts - It's all about the glitter!".

I was actually moved enough to post a commenta response ;-) I actually do have a couple of questions for you if
you tend not to mind. Is it only me or do a few of the comments look like left by brain dead people?
:-P And, if you are posting on other places, I would like to follow you.
Could you list all of all your community pages like your Facebook
page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Review my blog; bmi chart for men